Wright and Lord Financial Services will need to obtain personal information from you during the course of our relationship with you. We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will tell you about the data we will need, the basis upon which it will be used, your privacy rights and how the law, governed by the General Data Protection Regulations, protects you.
MWLFS Ltd (company number 7029178) is the controller of, and responsible for, your personal data. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) under the data protection legislation (ref: ZA095689).
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact our Data Privacy Manager:
Chris Gates (Director)
Direct dial: 01524 402065
- The personal data we will hold
We will ask you for personal information to enable us to provide the legal services you require, to maintain our records and to satisfy legal and regulatory requirements. This personal information will include:
- your full name and possibly any previous names
- your date of birth
- your contact details, for example, your postal address, email address and telephone numbers
- financial details and
- other information necessary to assist us in acting on your behalf.
- The use of your personal data
We need personal data from you to enable us to provide legal services to you under our Terms of Business, our contract with you. We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to and this may also be:
- where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
- where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, for example, under money laundering regulations.
- where it is considered to be in your vital interests or
- where we have your consent, for example, for marketing purposes.
- The release of your data to other parties
To enable us to act on your behalf under the Terms of Business it may be necessary for us to pass your data to other professionals or service providers, for example, other solicitors involved in your matter, estate agents or search providers in conveyancing transactions, barristers or accountants. We will only pass on your data where necessary and only data required to progress your instructions.
- Storage of personal data
At the end of the matter your file will be stored electronically for a minimum of 12 years. We must satisfy our regulatory, accounting, and reporting requirements. You may also wish to check information relating to your matter at some point following the closure of your file.
We may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
- Your rights relating to your personal data
You have the right to:
- request access to your personal data
- request a correction of the personal data we hold about you if any data is incomplete or inaccurate.
- object to the processing of your personal data. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- request the erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. Please note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- request restriction of the processing of your personal data.
- request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party.
- withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on your consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.
Please contact Chris gates if you require further information or wish to exercise any of these rights.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights reasonably requested). We will try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
- Changes in your data
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
- Your right to complain
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO. Please contact us in the first instance to see if we can resolve any issues with you.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us and/or you have given your consent to receive that marketing. You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages by contacting us at any time.
The information contained in e-mails and any attachment should be treated as confidential. It may also be legally privileged. It is intended only for the stated addressee(s) and access to it by any other person is unauthorised. If you are not the addressee, you must not disclose, copy, circulate or in any other way use or rely on the information contained in the e-mail or any attachment. Such unauthorised use may be unlawful. If you have received an e-mail in error, please inform us immediately by telephone. Copyright in e-mails and any attachments created by us belongs to Wright and Lord Financial Services and the author also asserts the right to be identified as such and object to any misuse.
Please note that emails are created in the knowledge that internet email is not a 100% secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and accept this lack of security when emailing us.
Although we have taken reasonable steps to ensure that emails and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free. We therefore accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by emails from Wright and Lord Financial Services.